Synchron’s storage system stores automatically plates, trays or vials. The system can loaded manually or via a trolley for High Throughput and is modular to match user requirements for throughput and capacity and, if required, can be installed in a climate controlled environment.
Example system for ICP Sample bottles : click here
Example system for Seed Germination :
Seed quality describes the potential performance of a seed lot. Important aspects of seed quality include percentage of germinated seeds, speed of germination, homogeneous germination, vigour, presence or absence of disease, together with the presence of inert matter and seeds from other crops or weeds.
Analysis of seed characteristics can be onerous for seed companies and laboratories. This Synchron system saves time and reduces cost while at the same time increasing precision and accuracy of results.
The storage system can analyze coated and uncoated seeds of different plant species differing in size, colour and shape. Classification and quantification of seed characteristics based on predefined criteria (number, size, colour, and shape) include:
- Percentage of seed germination
- Germination rates (in time series analysis)
- Seed morphological parameters (size, roundness)
- Seed colour and colour distribution
- Seedling morphological parameters (root length, hypocotyl length)
- Seedling colour and colour distribution
Every seed with a detected root segment (within the observation radius) is marked as germinated. To optimize root detection, a number of rules are applied, for example, proximity aspect, region of interest and germination cues. The length of the root is measured on the basis of the medial axis of the detected root shape. Results can be reported in different formats, according to user requirements, and statistically analyzed.
- Capacity 840 trays (each tray 253 mm x 364 mm)
- All 840 trays can be imaged once every 6 hours
- 1 x 28 MP RGB camera, 2 x LED light panels
- Each tray can be weighed to assess water content
- Trays can be loaded from trollies (68 trays per trolley)
- Height 3145 mm, Length 6432 mm, Depth 2910 mm
- Fully automated storage, handling and imaging